Open Job Postings
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
College Overview: Wyoming Catholic College is a four-year private college located in Lander, Wyoming. The school’s mission is to form students through a Great Books curriculum studying the best of the Western Tradition, immersion in the outdoors of the Rocky Mountain West, and spiritual formation through faithful adherence to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church. The school offers a single degree program for a Bachelors of Arts in the Liberal Arts.
Lander, Wyoming: With approximately 8,000 permanent residents (and many more during the summer months), Lander lies in the valley of the Popo Agie River on the southeastern edge of the majestic Wind River Mountain Range. With a charming and vibrant Main Street that caters to Western fashions, artistic tastes, and outdoor adventure, Lander is unique. National Geographic named it one of the premier “Adventure Towns” in America, and it was a finalist in a nationwide “Coolest Towns” competition.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Accounting and Finance will be responsible for the direct management of several key accounting and reporting functions within the organization, including budgeting, planning and forecasting, financial and regulatory reporting, internal controls, audit, and monthly financial statements.
Essential Functions/Primary Job Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the CFO, compile information for the creation of the annual College budget
- Produce monthly financial statements
- Manage accounting staff, who enter AP/AR, monthly journal entries, etc.
- Serve as management’s liaison to the external audit team during their preliminary and on-site field work, in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Preparation of IRS Form 990
- Support CFO, payroll staff, and Human Resources departments in payroll management
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis, and provide expert financial perspective to CFO
- Manage and monitor cash-flow
Education, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- CPA strongly preferred
- Ten years of accounting and finance experience, with a preferred minimum five years in a leadership role.
- Professional demeanor
- Self-motivation to complete assignments on-time and above expectations
- Ability to build rapport with co-workers and faculty to effectively complete tasks
- Expert skills with the Microsoft Excel, and preferred experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge accounting system
- Understanding and commitment to the mission of Wyoming Catholic College
Salary will be commensurate with the experience and expertise of the applicant. Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirement, and references to:
Kelsey Ball, Executive Assistant
306 Main St., Lander, WY 82520