There will be a number of activities available each day both at the ranch and in the local area. Activities are organized by family, meaning that families choose and do the activity of the day together and are not split up. (The one exception to this rule is horseback riding – if a family has children who are too small to ride, they will have the option to participate in another activity with a parent back at the ranch.) At the beginning of each family’s stay, the COR staff will meet with each family to discuss the activity options and create a schedule for their time at the ranch. Options include hiking, rock climbing, canoeing, horseback riding, mountain biking, and lots more! All activities (including horseback riding!) are included in the cost.
HORSEBACK RIDING: Children 8 and up can go horseback riding (younger ages may be allowed at the wrangler’s discretion). No prior experience riding is necessary. The typical ride is 1-2 hours long.
RANCH DEMOS: Various demos and hands-on experiences will be available onsite at the ranch, which may include Rifle Shooting, Farrier activities, Black-smithing, etc.
CANOEING: Several canoes will be available for your use at New Fork Lakes. There is a great beach for swimming and relaxing while other family members paddle around the cove.
HIKING: Countless hiking trails for all ability levels can be found in the local area.
MOUNTAIN BIKING: COR will have a limited selection of mountain bikes available for use on the ranch property or, if your vehicle is capable of transporting the bikes, in the local area with staff permission.
ROCK CLIMBING: All ages can come climbing! Little ones (2 and under) can hang out with parents or siblings while others take turns climbing (3 and up, at parents’ & instructor’s discretion). It is about a 45 min. drive to the climbing site, and a 30min. hike to the climbing area from the parking lot. Driving and hiking directions will be provided.
MASS & THE SACRAMENTS: We strive to have daily Mass and regular opportunities for Confession and Adoration available whenever possible. There will be a large tent set up outside for the celebration of Mass as well as an indoor chapel to repose and adore the Blessed Sacrament.
The Box R Ranch facilities include 14 rooms of varying sizes. Most rooms in both the lodge and the cabins have a queen or double bed along with some combination of additional twin, double, or bunk beds.
- Main Lodge: The main lodge is home to the kitchen, dining area, and cozy communal spaces as well as four hotel-style rooms with private bathrooms and showers and a shared hallway.
- Cabins: In addition to the four rooms in the main lodge, there are ten rooms available in the six cabins that range in size from 1 to 3 rooms each. The 3-room cabins each also have a large communal area attached to the private rooms. Each cabin room has its own bathroom and shower and most have a private entrance from the outside as well as an entrance from the common area.
Lodging options become limited as the rooms are reserved, so book early for the best availability.
All lodge and cabin rooms are furnished, have electricity and running water, and all linens are provided. The cabins do not have internet or television and there is no cell service at the ranch. There is internet access and a phone landline in the main lodge. Daily linen or cleaning service is not provided in any of our rooms, but there is a laundry facility available onsite for families to use at any time.
There are two different payment components to the Family Getaway:
- Lodging: Lodging is charged per night, with a four night minimum stay. Options are booked on a first-come, first-serve basis and are subject to availability.
- Cabin or Lodge Room: $350 per room for the first four nights, then $80 per night for each additional night
- Registration: The registration fee is charged per person with a four day minimum and includes three meals a day and all ranch activities, including horseback riding.
- Adults Ages 16+: $220 per person for the first four days, then $40 per person for each additional day
- Children Ages 8-15: $180 per person for the first four days, then $30 per person for each additional day
- Children Ages 2-7: $100 per person for the first four days, then $15 per person for each additional day
- Children under age 2: FREE
The only additional charge associated with your stay at the ranch is the cost of a Wyoming fishing license (available online at https://wgfd.wyo.gov/apply-or-buy or at any gas station) if you would like to fish any public locations while at the ranch (children 13 and under fish for free with a licensed adult). Fishing licenses must be acquired on your own, independently of your registration with COR.
This Family Getaway is FULL. Submit a quote request below to join the waitlist. Our staff will respond to your quote request only if space opens up, but we will also notify anyone on the waitlist as soon as information for the 2023 Family Getaways becomes available this fall.