When we chose our name, we were highly intentional about making the “C” in COR stand for “Catholic” and as such we do our best to make the sacraments available on all of our trips. This is difficult to accomplish as not many priests are able to take the time away from their parishes or other obligations that is necessary to go on our trips. We are incredibly grateful to the priests who come on COR trips and we recognize the commitment, level of fitness, and extreme love for Jesus that is required to come on these trips and bring Christ to the participants. The opportunity for daily Mass and confessions along with the presence, good example, and friendship of theses priests makes a huge difference in the transformative power of our trips. While not every trip that we send has its own chaplain, every group on every trip is able to get to mass on the weekends and time is made for God during every day of every trip.
Please pray for priests and for an increase in generous responses to the priestly vocation!
Become a COR Chaplain
We are always looking for priests who would like to join us. If you are a priest, or know of a priest, who might be interested in evangelizing through adventure and the outdoors, please contact us to learn more or provide your contact information and availability via the form below.
- We cover the cost of chaplain travel
- There is no course fee for our chaplains
- We can provide all necessary items for Mass in the backcountry
- Camping gear and extra layers are available free of charge from our equipment center
- All of our staff are safe environment certified and will work with our chaplains to prevent compromising situations
In order for you to participate on a course, COR asks for a letter of good standing from either a diocese or religious order and that any priest or religious complete our registration process in order for us to assess physical abilities for each course. Prior experience is not necessary in any of the activities in order to participate, but general physical fitness is recommended. First time chaplains may be asked to answer the following, or similar, questions either in writing or in a brief phone or video interview prior to participating in their first course.
- Who have been some of the most important influences in your spiritual life?
- Over the years, what spiritual writing (other than Scripture) have you most consistently returned to for edification?
- What experience do you have working with youth?
- What draws you to COR Expeditions and/or Wyoming Catholic College’s ministry?
- Do you have any wilderness experience?